Re: Nvidia sucks, sucks, sucks !

Most of the rest of the people using their drivers aren't moaning
about it here, either the rest of the Nvidia users are wrong or you are...take your pick? ;)

I must be dreaming that I see this then !

Kim is right. It is too frustrating trying to keep kernels and closed kernel modules synced.

I've abandoned trying to use nvidia or ati cards. The closed drivers are impossible to maintain, and the open drivers are much too slow.

For desktops with Intel chipsets, there are now full open-source drivers. If your LCD monitor has DDC/DI capability, you can add an "ADD2" card to get a DVI-D output (instead of the motherboard VGA connector). The open Intel drivers work very well, performance-wise and maintainability-wise. Highly recommended!

Doesn't help if you are using a laptop, I know.

- Mike