Re: FC5 - dual display w/ GeForce2

If Twinview is not working, you need to post a bug report on nvnews.net.

On 11/5/06, Jamie Bohr <jamiebohr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I guess I don't understand.  According to Nvida's web site,
http://www.nvidia.com/object/feature_twinview.html,
twinview allows spanning a desktop (KDE, Gnome, ..) across multiple
monitors.  If this is the case Nothing ever shows up on my second monitor.
What if the second monitor had to be a different resolution?  Sorry, this is
not making since to me.

- Jamie

On 11/5/06, Lonni J Friedman <netllama@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 11/5/06, Jamie Bohr <jamiebohr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > It does not look like a second display is configured in your xorg.conf
file.

> Sure it is, that's what twinview is for.  You might want to read the
> driver README so that you'll understand.
>

> > I installed it, restarted X and still had a single display.  I ran
>
> You should consider generating an nvidia-bug-report.log and posting on
> nvnews.net.
>
> > "nvidia-xconfig -a --twinview", it locked up X and I had to do a hard
reset.
> >  Should I try the open-source versions of the NVidia driver?  Does that
work
> > with the display config utility?
>
> The nv X driver supports one display per GPU.
>

> > - Jamie
> >

> > On 11/5/06, Lonni J Friedman <netllama@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:
> > >
> > > You've got mess right now.  It looks like your old multi-X screen
> > > config is still there along with Twinview.   Try the one i've attached
> > > instead.

> > "nvidia-xconfig -a
> > Lonni

> > gone.