Re: Does pirut and yuum really work in FC6

On Sun, 2006-11-05 at 12:50 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-11-05 at 10:31 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > Pirut or yum wont remove packages on its own. If you try and remove
> > any
> > > packages through Pirut or yum, it lists the dependencies and you
> > will
> > > have to confirm before any package gets removed from the system. I
> > am
> > > curious to know why you find it unusable in this instance.
> > >
> > > Rahul
> >
> > The above is simply not true. The package was removed without my
> > confirming the removal.
> > Unless unclicking a line of additional software in pirut means you
> > want
> > it removed which is just plain crazy. Again I will start again and we
> > will see what happens.
>
> Let me add the the above. It has been suggested that my yum did not work
> because I upgraded rather than installed. I am re-installing to settle
> this but I remember clearly that I formatted th drives during the
> showed up must have been introduced by yum, pirut or the system upgrade
> messages I keep getting.
>
> My contention is still that one of these programs is screwing this up
> but we will see. If no one else finds this happening to them I will have
> to concede that I am  wrong. We will see.
----
dries/rpmforge actually hard coded fc5 into their previous
rpmforge-release rpm instead of using '$releasever' which is probably
why you would have some fc5 packages (if the repo was installed as I
seem to recall you saying it was). No one else is having these issue.

Craig