Re: Any gpg experts reading?

On Saturday 04 November 2006 11:41, Thierry Sayegh De Bellis wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> > I've got a serious gpg problem on one workstation.  I've spent hours
> > trying to solve it, and need to get some ideas from someone experienced.
> > I'll give full details if anyone volunteers.
> >
> > Anne
>
> go for it, you never know :)

OK - fingers crossed :-)  Before tying this down to gpg I thought it was a
kmail problem, then I thought it was a postfix problem, so all the messages I
have posted over the last couple of days are related to this.  Here is the
scenario.

This laptop ran rawhide, and is now running FC6.  As you can see, gpg is
working perfectly with kmail.  I use kgpg to manage keys.

My main workstation has a clean install of FC6, and from day one I have not
been able to run kmail.  Eventually I tied it down to a gpg problem.  Running
gkrellm shows that on boot-up the cpu is using 99-100% and staying there.
Top shows that it is gpg at fault and I have to killall -9 to stop it.  It
may be relevant that killall gpg does not stop it.

I have checked everything in the various conf files under .gnupg and they
match the ones on the well-behaved laptop.  I've checked permissions and
altered as necessary to match this laptop.  I copied all the contents
of .gnupg on the laptop and moved them onto the workstation.  Nothing makes
any difference.

I moved the env and startup directories out of .kde, and there is no undue cpu
usage.

I renamed .gnupg, uninstalled all things gpg then reinstalled them.  No
new .gnupg directory was created, so I had to put the old one back.

I'm out of ideas.  If I can run kmail/gpg/kgpg on the FC6 laptop I should be
able to do the same on the workstation with a clean-install FC6.  It can't be
a bug as such, or it would affect both.

Any ideas where I can go next?

Anne