Re: The plus plus

On 04/11/2006, at 2:49 AM, Andy Green wrote:
OO or not OO: a major architectural decision, no matter what you personally ("we settled") considered resolved in the late 1970s.

OO or not is (with some allowances) an almost architectural choice. But that doesn't have any bearing on the choice of programming language chosen to implement the design. You will surely give me that even the most elaborate OO construct can be implemented using assembly language.

We have to get away from the mind-set where tools dictate how we think and design. We must not confuse design and implementation.

Cheers
Steffen.