Re: The plus plus

Joe Klemmer wrote:

	I've said this before and I'll say it again.  There's nothing wrong
with KDE or with GNOME.  They are 99.9% identical in their usability.

No, that is simply not true. Where is the Gnome kate? How can I make multiple panes in nautilus? Can I make a konsole inside the nautilus frame that retains pwd context?

quickly resolved.  In today's world, any differences between the two are
so insignificant as to be purely inconsequential.  If you like KDE then

It is a major consequence for me if I cannot combine the action of kate/kwrite with fish://

gedit fish://blah.com/index.html

Could not open the file fish://blah.com/index.html
*gedit cannot handle fish: locations.*

To give it its due, gedit can open http:// locations read-only, but I can't admin websites with that. Kate gives me security and convenience. (If there is a way to do the equivalent in Gnome, I will be grateful to be educated)

I can sum up the TRUE schism between Gnome and KDE: Gnome hackers know C. KDE hackers know C++. Over time that holds back Gnome, advances KDE, and all the while Redhat ignore it they only damage themselves.

-Andy