Re: Is KDE on Fedora really that bad?

On Thu, 2006-11-02 at 16:29 +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> > I'm using the Fedora-provided KDE, I don't see what the problems with it
> > are supposed to be. It works great for me.
>
> Same here.
>
> It is amazing that this long thread appears to be based on an apparent
> problem with KDE, but no-one as far as I can see has said what the
> problem is.

	I've said this before and I'll say it again.  There's nothing wrong
with KDE or with GNOME.  They are 99.9% identical in their usability.
They can easily be themed to look the same but that's nothing
significant.  When it comes down to it they are both WinXX based GUIs.
I have never understood the KDE/GNOME war.  Yes, back in the very dark
ages the whole thing was started due to the Qt license but that was
quickly resolved.  In today's world, any differences between the two are
so insignificant as to be purely inconsequential.  If you like KDE then
that's great.  If you like GNOME then that's also great.

	It's like wearing a blue jacket with silver buttons as opposed to a
black jacket with gold buttons.  Same pockets, same stitching, same
material, same same.