Re: The plus plus

Andy Green wrote:
> No, that is simply not true.  Where is the Gnome kate?

gedit? Scribes? Bluefish?

> [...] How can I make multiple panes in nautilus?

Tabs, as I understand it, are a usability hindrance
(application-centric vs. document/work-centric), and so are
recommended against by the GNOME Human Interface Guidelines.

> Can I make a konsole inside the nautilus frame that retains pwd
> context?

Install the nautilus-open-terminal package, then right click
someplace in the open directory in Nautilus and select the "Open
Terminal Here..." option.

> [...] (If there is a way to do the equivalent in Gnome, I will be
> grateful to be educated)

gnome-vfs uses sftp:// has a URI type for these files, not fish://.
Try: `gedit sftp://user@server/index.html` or something similar.

> I can sum up the TRUE schism between Gnome and KDE: Gnome hackers
> know C.  KDE hackers know C++.  Over time that holds back Gnome,
> advances KDE, and all the while Redhat ignore it they only damage
> themselves.

That's not necessarily true. Many cool new GNOME applications and
plugins are written in higher-level languages like Python and
C#/Mono.

--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
This message was sent through a webmail