Re: Is KDE on Fedora really that bad?

On Friday 03 November 2006 07:56, Claude Jones wrote:
>On Fri November 3 2006 6:30 am, Anne Wilson wrote:
>> That's the biggest load of bs I have read in a long time.  There are
>> many reasons for preferring one over the other, all valid.  Not all kde
>> users are teenagers - I'm 66 - but that doesn't make us senile either.
>>  Linux us about choice - something you seem to have forgotten, along
>> with your manners.
>
>just another puerile witling - what's the old saw about wrestling with
> pigs? way back when, as first respondent to the OP, I was emphatic on
> this point - no two people have the same set of criteria, use patterns,
> or predilections - why should I care what little piece of software you
> use on your computer?
>
>for that matter, why should I care what computer some else uses - the
> video production list I belong to has its equivalent - mac vs pc - start
> to say anything that even remotely compares the two, and they're off and
> running
>
>every list I belong to seems to have its subset of testosterone laden
>denizens, who swagger about, full of their strong opinions, seeking to
>elevate themselves by putting down others - I used to get pissed off
> about it - then I ran through the gamut of reactions over time - today,
> I have arrived - I am bemused -
>
>if you get down in the mud and wrestle with pigs, you come up covered in
> roo, I mean poo --- ;-)

That may well be true Claude, but the fact remains that the stock answer
from the official channels is still "use gnome" entirely too often when a
kde related problem shows up and someone posts a question about it.  This
is particularly un-appetizing to those of who have built kde using
konstruct and had the result work virtually flawlessly as I have.

With that "use gnome" attitude having been so prevalent historicly, can you
blame a few of us for running out of patience?  I think not.  Sometimes
its the squeaky wheel that gets greased you know.  So based on that
theory, we do tend squeak a bit from time to time.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)