Re: FC6 and NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-9626

Kim Lux wrote:
On Wed, 2006-10-25 at 08:42 -0700, Lonni J Friedman wrote:
On 10/25/06, Kim Lux <lux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This was a very, very frustrating issue to sort out !  I wasted many
hours working on this last night !
Its been documented on nvnews (the location documented in the driver
README to seek assistance) for several weeks now.

One shouldn't have to go looking for information on how to fix "issues"
with installing a video card driver !  Imagine if we had to do that for
every piece of hardware on a PC !

BTW: Here is a good post on this topic.
http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=99285&page=1&pp=15

I HATE  HATE HATE NVIDIA.
Why?

Because they use these stupid proprietary drivers and every time I
update my kernel I have to screw around building drivers for the nvidia
cards.  Total waste of my time.  Totally unnecessary !

Well you could also wait a few days for the dust to settle, then udpate to FC-6 and use the drivers provided by the friendly Livna people...