Re: FC6 and NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-9626

On Wed, 2006-10-25 at 18:50 +0200, Denis Leroy wrote:
> Well you could also wait a few days for the dust to settle, then
> udpate
>   to FC-6 and use the drivers provided by the friendly Livna people...

a) we shouldn't be dependent on a non profit repository to generate
drivers for a video card

b) nobody warned me there was a driver problem.  It wasn't in the
release notes, for example

c) I've built drivers for my nvidia card before without problems, so why
shouldn't it work this time

d) I've had way, way too many problems building nvidia drivers.  Every
time one changes kernels one is building a new driver.  Always trying to
find the right version of the driver to match the new kernel. Very
stupid.

I got it to work, remember.  Its just such a stupid, unnecessary pain !

--
Kim Lux,  Diesel Research Inc.