Re: FC6 and NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-9626

On Wed, 2006-10-25 at 08:42 -0700, Lonni J Friedman wrote:
> On 10/25/06, Kim Lux <lux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > This was a very, very frustrating issue to sort out !  I wasted many
> > hours working on this last night !
>
> Its been documented on nvnews (the location documented in the driver
> README to seek assistance) for several weeks now.

One shouldn't have to go looking for information on how to fix "issues"
with installing a video card driver !  Imagine if we had to do that for
every piece of hardware on a PC !

BTW: Here is a good post on this topic.
http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=99285&page=1&pp=15

> > I HATE  HATE HATE NVIDIA.
>
> Why?

Because they use these stupid proprietary drivers and every time I
update my kernel I have to screw around building drivers for the nvidia
cards.  Total waste of my time.  Totally unnecessary !

I will never buy an NVIDIA card again for this reason.  I'd replace the
one I have except its built into my laptop.

--
Kim Lux,  Diesel Research Inc.