Missing menu items with FC6 upgrade from FC4

I upgraded to FC6 from FC4 using CD ISOs.  Everything looks good now
that I have my nvidia driver working. Except...

My Fedora menu (on the desktop) doesn't have the "System" sub menu on
it. It has "System Tools", but no "System".  I've had this problem
before when updating KDE versions via redhat RPMs.

Is there an easy way to fix this ?

In the mean time I am in need of the command line call for  "System ->
System Settings -> Network".  Not system-config-network, but I think its
a new application.  It might be called network manager.

Thanks.

--
Kim Lux,  Diesel Research Inc.