Re: thoughts on LWN 'how many Fedora users are there'

Kam Leo wrote:
>>> If I recall correctly, FC1 used up2date as the default package
>>> updater. Could go back as far as FC3.
>>>

>> Didn't up2date use yum as the backend?
>>

> I believe that was a more recent occurrence.

Fedora has never used RHN for updates, it has always used yum repos.

http://ftp.ale.org/mirrors/fedora/linux/core/1/i386/os/RELEASE-NOTES.html
(Or your favorite mirror)

"The Red Hat Update Agent  (up2date) now supports installing packages from
apt and yum repositories as well as local directories. This includes
dependency solving and obsoletes handling. Additional repositories can be
configured in the /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources file."

The archives are also full of questions about updates from RHL 9 failing
because up2date was trying to look at RHN.

--
William Hooper