Re: Problems Installing FC5

Rick Bilonick wrote:

> I did try last night to do the install in text mode. The install gets
> past the grub update and starts installing packages but eventually fails
> (early on) saying a package is corrupted. This happened with both DVDs
> and I believe both FC5 DVDs were made on the same burner. (This also
> happened with one of the DVDs and the other identical system a few
> months ago when I first tried to upgrade to FC5.)

You could try installing from hard disk if you have enough space -
copy the ISO images to the hard disk,
disassemble the first with "mount -o loop FC*disc1.iso /mnt"
then "cp -a /mnt/isolinux /boot"
add a stanza to /etc/grub.conf like
-----------------------------------
title FC-5 boot
        root (hd0,1)
        kernel /isolinux/vmlinuz
        initrd /isolinux/initrd.img
and re-boot.
[I've probably missed something out ...]

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366