Re: Problems Installing FC5

On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 17:59 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
> > > Any suggestions on how to proceed?
>
> If you have access to a different DVD burner, you might try that.
> I've seen very finicky drives that work OK for sequential
> reads like the "check media" does, but have problems when
> doing random access and starting and stopping like you get
> with the actual install. Sometimes a DVD-R made on a different
> drive has worked better.

I'm going to burn a DVD on a different computer. Actually, if memory
serves, the FC4 DVDs that worked were burned on this other computer.

I did try last night to do the install in text mode. The install gets
past the grub update and starts installing packages but eventually fails
(early on) saying a package is corrupted. This happened with both DVDs
and I believe both FC5 DVDs were made on the same burner. (This also
happened with one of the DVDs and the other identical system a few
months ago when I first tried to upgrade to FC5.)

Rick B.