Re: [OT] TOP-POSTING

On Sat, 2006-07-22 at 17:18, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 22, 2006 at 03:27:19PM -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
> > Any mailer that offers a threaded view of a conversation will
> > supply more details than you want to know.  Unless you are in the
> > habit of feeding all old emails to squirrels.
>
> I like to drop in on the list, but I can't possibly keep up. So having
> context in messages is important, because I *do* periodically feed all the
> old messagges to rodents.

Fortunately (or perhaps in this case unfortunately...) mailing
list messages tend to be archived somewhere so you can track an
obscure but lost reference if you need to.  If you want to make
it extremely easy, get a gmail account, join lists with it, and
configure it to allow pop access but archive a copy as downloaded.
Then you can read/reply/delete with your own favorite pop
client and if you ever need to check backwards you can use the
gmail web interface and their very nice search capability over
anything you have received there - up to their 2 gig limit, which
would take a lot longer to reach if everyone didn't quote
everything every time.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx