Re: Bugzilla, RT3 and Trac

On Sun, 2006-07-16 at 13:58 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-07-16 at 01:38, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> The big problem I found with the other RPM packaged (for
> Centos) version was that it moved things to non-standard
> locations so contributed add-ons like Asset Tracker
> would not install.
Well, the way rt is packaged in FE is supposed to be compliant to the
FHS, GCS, the Fedora Packaging Guidelines, and is a valid rt3
configuration without any special tweaks applied.

If "add-ons" can't cope with it, they are simply bugged.

> The Centos version
First of all, I don't care what Centos OS does ... also, I could not
find any package on centos.org, so I presume you are referring to a 4th
party packaging something.

>  also has a separate rt-mail-dispatcher package
> that lets you set up rt.yourdomain.com

This would require to setup a virtual domain and to somehow reflect this
virtual domain to DNS. This is way beyond what any rpm can do and will
always require manual sysadmin intervention.

> and then mail to
> queuename@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx without having to add aliases
> for every queue.
I strongly doubt this rpm to be functional.

Ralf