Re: Sony digital camera

At 01:52 17/07/2006, you wrote:

I find that hard to believe.  Perhaps you don't notice any appreciable
difference, but I'd be very surprised if there wasn't *any* loss in
quality.  That may be important to you later on, if you decide to edit
files.

I've got an old Olympus digital camera, but the principle is the same - I don't ever keep files in the .jpg format for the above reason.

What I do is copy all the .jpg files from the smart media card, select them all, then right-click convert to .png, and delete the .jpg files. Once I've done that I can work on level adjustments etc. knowing that I won't lose any image quality.

Dave