Re: setenv... where is it??

On Sun, 2006-06-25 at 07:25 -0400, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Jun 2006, Ric Moore wrote:

> >>[...]
> >>
> >> "yum install glibc-devel" and you should be set.
> >
> > [root@iam  rpm -q glibc-devel
> > glibc-devel-2.4-8
Strange, I always though setenv was a built-in function of the C
shells. (csh, kcsh, etc.) I know you will find it used in most
(all?) of the *.sch scripts in the /etc/profile.d directory. Is this
 part of what locate is reporting?
Mikkel$
rpm -qf /usr/share/man/man3/setenv.3.gz
man-pages-2.21-1

So that explains why there's a man page.  In what way does it "really
seem to be missing"?  What test did you perform to check? What happens
when you compile and link this little program.
<snip>
                Matthew Saltzman
I think you may be looking for the putenv and setenv that are part of
glibc-headers. They are located in /usr/include/stdlib.h.  Does that
exist?
Me:

My ignorance proceeds me and proclaims "I'm with stupid!" I was looking
for binary files actually named setenv and putenv, instead they are
what, functions?? Guys & Gals, I lost it when they took away the line
numbers. Thanks for your patience! Looked and found them in the glibc
header files as mentioned. Somedays it doesn't pay to hit enter! Back to
the drawing board. I've contacted the owner abut the compile problem and
I just might take my hand to try to make a rpm out of the effort, the
program was stuntcars, something I wanted task my new nVidea card with.
I graduated from a 4 meg card to 128 and really love to play with it!