Re: Software RAID

> You really do not want to do it this way. Setting up raid on a
> partitions just seems like such a bad idea on so many levels. You
> should do it on the entire disk. Last time I remember messing with it,
> the setup screen for that was not capable of doing that.

How do you propose to do "entire disk"? Will you be using LVM on the system?

I have had very good success with the method I described, including several incidents of
failed drives. Clearly it's not as good as hardware RAID, but still I think
it is MUCH better than nothing. It is certainly the best mirroring solution
I have come across short of a hardware RAID controller.

Tom