Re: The desktop wars

Joe Klemmer wrote:
> 	Most of the users we had to do this for were quite surprised that MS
> didn't use IMAP by default.  The change is far from drastic, too.

"Far from drastic?" How do you store the global calendaring and contacts
information which Exchange can keep with the other things?

>> In fact, I'd say that having to implement such a drastic change would
>> actually *discourage* potential users.
>
> 	That's what MS hopes will happen.  Why do you think they use
> non-standard, closed, broken formats for their data files?

Agreed. Thankfully much of it is compatible with thing's like Novell's
Evolution Connector; so it's probably a lot simpler to transfer in that
manner.

--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
This message was sent through a webmail