Re: going bonkers trying to install fc-5

On Mon, 2006-06-19 at 12:55 -0700, Kam Leo wrote:
> If you are using CD-RW media use 1X-4X rated media only.  4X-12X media
> may work. 12X and higher speed RW media are not most likely not
> compatible with older CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drives.
>
> If using a DVD-ROM drive switch to DVD+R or the slow 1X-4X CD-RW
> media.  Also regardless of media type burn at a lower speed or half of
> the maximum rated media speed.

I can see situations where you do not want fast media, because some's
designed to only run at fast speeds (look at some high-speed media, and
it's not *optimised* for fast speed, it's designed to only be burnt at
fast speeds).  Such as DVD video recorders, which record in real time.
But what are you going to do when all the blank media you buy is
fast-only media?

I read messages from the public lists.