Re: Emacs keybindings in Gnome

On 6/9/06, Jonathan Underwood <jonathan.underwood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 09/06/06, Markus Lindholm <markus.lindholm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  Yes, I tried first changing the value as a normal user then as root. I
> actually noticed now that it had some effect, e.g. ctrl-a and ctrl-e works
> correctly with the value set (didn't work before) but ctrl-k on the other
> hand brings up a small search window, even with the value set. Weird.
> That's not expected behaviour, right?
>
>  Any other process or file that could play a role in this?

For which application do you see that behaviour? Remeber that the
bindings will only work for apps that look at gconf settings.

For reference C-a C-e and C-k all work as expected in firefox's
address bar - does it for you?

I was earlier refering to gedit, where C-k didn't work. I just checked firefox now, C-a, C-e and C-k all work as expected.
So it is a bug in gedit?

/Markus