Re: yum downgrade?

On 09/06/06, Knute Johnson <knute@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
There was a recent update to dovecot that caused it to not work.  I
used yum and deleted the new one and installed the older version.  It
works fine now.  My question is what will yum automatically update
dovecot the next time it is run?  Do I need to set something to
prevent that from happening?  How do I know that there is a fix
version available if I've disabled updating for dovecot?

There have been several reports that dovecot doesn't work because the
update configuration file is different, but is installed as
/etc/dovecot.conf.rpmnew. If you backup /etc/dovecot.conf to a
different name, rename /etc/dovecot.conf.rpmnew to /etc/dovecot.conf
and re-enter your config details into the new config file, you may
well find the updated dovecot works for you. And if not, then it's
bugzilla time :)

J.