yum downgrade?

There was a recent update to dovecot that caused it to not work.  I
used yum and deleted the new one and installed the older version.  It
works fine now.  My question is what will yum automatically update
dovecot the next time it is run?  Do I need to set something to
prevent that from happening?  How do I know that there is a fix
version available if I've disabled updating for dovecot?

Thanks very much,

--
Knute Johnson
Molon Labe...