Re: Good Bye FC5

On 5/17/06, Lyvim Xaphir <knightmerc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 2006-05-16 at 16:15 -0500, Russell Golden wrote:

> yes, and thank God they made an option in win9x to keep everything in
> the same window. it's stupid to have everything in separate windows.
> it's just clutter

Exactly, because of user demand.  New window behavior as opposed to tab
or pane setups is retrograde evolution.

How about some user demand for flexibility of choice?  The "open in a
broswer window" is not acceptable.  I want the *folder* to open *in
the same window*, not in a browswer window.  How about some user
demand for the GNOME developers to stop screwing with fundamental user
interface design every single release?

I used to be of the opinion that GNOME was "the one" -- both
technically superior to KDE (it is) and philosophically superior (now
I'm doubtful).  GNOME is rapidly losing my respect as it's become less
and less easy to use (ironically) because I can't make it do anything
other than what's in The Vision(tm) of whomever is making these design
decisions.

Linus is probably right, I should switch to KDE.

--
Chris

"I trust the Democrats to take away my money, which I can afford.  I
trust the Republicans to take away my freedom, which I cannot."