Re: Good Bye FC5

Lyvim Xaphir wrote:

On Fri, 2006-05-12 at 21:10 +1200, Rob Brown-Bayliss wrote:
On 5/12/06, Lauri <lauri@xxxxxxx> wrote:

The optional session saving is also missing (tick to save the session
when logging out).
Yes, so it is. I just checked my session preferences and sure enough
it is ticked to ask me on log-out, but I don't get asked...

I am all for making things simple, but like many feel a lot has gone
to far in fc5 and the latest gnome...

If I wask the session manager to check when I log out if I want to
save the session then I think it's fair to say I know what tha means
and I should be given the choice.  Simply ignoting a users preference
is wrong, why give us the choice if yuo already know we don't want to
save the session?

This is alot of the reason why I prefer KDE.

LX
The changes in GNOME and Nautilus are the main reasons why I'm sticking with Shrike. I think it's the newer GNOME and Nautilus releases, but the ones that come with Fedora just completely alienated me. While we're on this subject, is there a way on the newer Nautilus to keep everything in one window like the older Shrike versions and not open a new window for each folder?

Russell Golden