Re: Good Bye FC5

On Mon, 2006-05-15 at 21:03 -0500, Russell Golden wrote:
> Lyvim Xaphir wrote:
>

> >This is alot of the reason why I prefer KDE.
> >
> >LX
> >

> The changes in GNOME and Nautilus are the main reasons why I'm sticking
> with Shrike. I think it's the newer GNOME and Nautilus releases, but the
> ones that come with Fedora just completely alienated me.
> While we're on this subject, is there a way on the newer Nautilus to
> keep everything in one window like the older Shrike versions and not
> open a new window for each folder?
>
> Russell Golden

You know, I don't know where this "open new window everytime" mentality
came from, but like you I find it highly annoying.  Evo on FC5 seems to
have done away with the 3-pane concept in favor of you just having two
panes, with the left pane doubling as a preview pane....stupid.  It's
much more efficient to have three Evo panes, the folders to the left, a
listing of folder contents to the right-top, and a view of the email at
the right-bottom.  I don't want to open a new window everytime I view an
email.  It's possible I'm missing something, even tho I've been thru the
menus with a fine tooth comb.  But I just haven't been able to find the
rosetta stone to allow adding a third pane to the Evo window (and until
this year I havent' needed to).  I wish I could advise you on Nautilus,
but I went the way of konqueror as a graphical file-management a loooong
time ago.  It's much more adaptable, configurable, and doesn't seem to
assume you're an idiot like alot of gnome apps do.

Evo is about the only gnome app that I use.  If the third pane has been
abolished in favor of new windows, I'm afraid I'll be using one less
gnome app.

LX

--
When the ax entered the forest, the trees said,