Re: fc5: install everything?

On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 07:22:36 -0400,
  Jim Cornette <fc-cornette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It is practically useless to use Bugzilla for proposals like "Everything
> Installs without a "Reporter satisfied" type of feature where bugs can
> only be closed when the reporter is satisfied with the problem reported.
>
> Bugzilla does not have a customer satisfied feature. Therefore it is
> useless for this sort of request.

But they could give a coherent argument as to why the proposal will not
be considered, even if its we think it will take too much developer time
to do it right for the perceived benefit.

I had a non sequitor response when I posted a RFE (188314) to allow creating
raid 1 devices with only one drive during an install, so that people could
upgrade by splitting mirrored drives and then putting the mirror back together
again after things appear to be working. The response was:
People using RAID1 are doing so with an expectation of some reliability which
you don't get with a single drive.  We're not going to do this.

It should have been clear that the expectation was not to run raid 1 on one
drive forever, but just during the install and testing period.