Re: Asterisk and AMP RPM's

On Fri, May 05, 2006 at 14:16:29 -0700,
  Kenneth Porter <shiva@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Friday, May 05, 2006 12:17 PM -0700 Kenneth Porter
>
> I just pulled the latest Asterisk (1.2.7.1) from Subversion and it still
> has the completely unusable spec file in the redhat subdirectory.
>
> Looks like one has to go to 3rd parties instead:
>
> <http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+RPM>
> <http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SIGs/VoIP>

I used the src rpms here, to build asterisk on my home machine:
http://www.laimbock.com/asterisk/
After the install you have to do the zaptel and asterisk config files yourself
as only samples are place in /etc and not where they could be picked up by
asterisk or the zaptel management tools. The udev stuff gets done correctly.

Also of interest, is that there is a post 1.2.7.1 security update of asterisk
by the Debian. See: http://lwn.net/Articles/182039/