Re: Asterisk and AMP RPM's (was: limits.conf: howto set core file size?)

[snip]
On Thu, 2006-05-04 at 15:50 -0700, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> I'm also aware of the AMP project to provide a web-based GUI to manage
> Asterisk. Has any work been done to package that as an RPM? When last I
> looked at it, the toughest problem to sort out seemed to be getting the web
> server and Asterisk to both have access to Asterisk's config files, since
> each runs as a different user.

Iirc AMP is called FreePBX these days. See
http://coalescentsystems.ca/index.php?page=freePBX_AMP
I'm not aware of an rpm version but if you get the Aterisk@Home iso it
will install it for you (caution: it can wipe your disk). Think there
are several posts on the asterisk mailinglist on the "integrate
AMP/FreePBX with Asterisk" subject. One solution was to stick the apache
user and asterisk user in the same group. Maybe voip-info.org has the
scoop how to do it if the FreePBX site doesn't.

Regards,
Patrick