Re: [PHILOSOPHY] Stability and Release Schedules

Peter Gordon wrote:
I don't know how others find this, but I personally am a big fan of grabbing the DVD ISOs, even with a relatively speedy connection. In this way, I can install everything I need from the disc(s), and get work done while I let the update do its thing.
I recommend the DVD ISO to those still using CDs (access to a D VD burner and reader permitted). Aside from not changing the disc 4 or 5 times, I find the DVD installs in about 1/2 the time of CD-ROM install.

As per another commend about the disk completely out of date after a few months is true. However, there was a Fedora user who maintained "Service Packs" editions of 4. Label FC4.1 FC4.2 etc. This is a nice band-aid, but the underlining problem rests in anaconda. It should have an option to grab updated packages from the mirror on install while getting the remaining packages from the Disc.

Stephen