Re: [PHILOSOPHY] Stability and Release Schedules

John Wendel wrote:
Why not have a continuously evolving distribution? One would start by downloading an "installer system" that would then use the existing mechanisms (yum, whatever) to update itself. From this point on, why would one need "releases"? Just keep releasing updates and new packages exactly as things are done now.

I know there must be something wrong with this scenario; would someone like to hit me with a clue stick.

For a start not everyone in the world has enough bandwidth for that: so they need iso images to be able to upgrade for example.

Jens