Re: fstab missing line

Nader Mirzaee wrote:

    >> Hello all
    >>
    >> i seem to miss one line in the fstab in my FC5 machine . my cdrom
    >> drive doesn't function in linux .this is my fstab:
    >>
    >> /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 / ext3
    >> defaults 1 1
    >> LABEL=/boot /boot ext3
    >> defaults 1 2
    >> devpts /dev/pts devpts
    >> gid=5,mode=620 0 0
    >> tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs
    >> defaults 0 0
    >> proc /proc proc
    >> defaults 0 0
    >> sysfs /sys sysfs
    >> defaults 0 0
    >> /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01 swap swap
    >> defaults 0 0
    >> /dev/hda5 /mnt/windows ntfs
    >> ro,defaults,umask=0222 0 0
    >>
    >> what should i add to it ?

    >> PC-to-Phone calls for ridiculously low rates.
    > Fstab doesn't handle CD-rom in FC5. This is the job of hald I
    believe.
    > -Dan

    That's fine but I had no CD drive until I changed fstab on both FC-5
    computers here?

    Obviously there's something going on that's not obvious to me ...

    Bob Goodwin Zuni, Virginia w2bod

    could you tell me more about what you "changed"!

Yes I added:

/dev/hdc /media/cdrecorder auto defaults 0 0

and made a directory:

/media/cdrecorder

However this may not be the correct way to deal with the problem, it was just my solution.

How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates. <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman8/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39663/*http://voice.yahoo.com>