Re: [PHILOSOPHY] Stability and Release Schedules

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
For those with limited bandwidth, who'd download the ISOs first, then
burn them and then use their limited bandwidth for updates, the
situation is different. Not downloading the ISOs, but installing
directly from the net would spare them a lot of bandwidth and time,
because it would avoid them having to download packages (as part of the
ISOs) they have no use for, or have been updated/replace since the
release of the ISOs.

I don't know how others find this, but I personally am a big fan of grabbing the DVD ISOs, even with a relatively speedy connection. In this way, I can install everything I need from the disc(s), and get work done while I let the update do its thing.

--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
  DD68 A414 56BD 6368 D957 9666 4268 CB7A FFC1 9479