Re: howto remove core

On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 12:12 -0700, Nader Mirzaee wrote:
> triple boot message :
>
> Fedora 2.6.16-1.2096-FC5
> Fedora 2.6.15-1.2054-FC5
> Windows XP
>
> it seems that i have 2 cores in my machine , how can i remove the old
> one ?

Don't!  Really, I cannot recommend it strongly enough.  You've got
nothing to fall back to if a kernel has problems.

> and i don't want to see it in the boot message as well !

This is easy, you can hide the menu, or remove items from the menu
(which still leaves what they refer to still on the disc, so you can go
back to things if you have to), or you can change the timeout on the
menu so it automatically boots your preferred system very quickly, etc.

--
(Currently running FC4, in case that's important to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.