Re: howto remove core

Tim wrote:
On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 12:12 -0700, Nader Mirzaee wrote:

triple boot message :

Fedora 2.6.16-1.2096-FC5
Fedora 2.6.15-1.2054-FC5
Windows XP

it seems that i have 2 cores in my machine , how can i remove the old
one ?

Don't!  Really, I cannot recommend it strongly enough.  You've got
nothing to fall back to if a kernel has problems.

I'd second that, with this qualification:

As kernel updates become available, the user will eventually build a list of kernels to boot into. I always keep three: the current kernel and that last /two/ known good ones. Anything beyond that just fills up space in your /boot partition, unless you're a tester or kernel module developer. But anything /less/ than that puts you at some non-starter risk.

Temlakos