Re: howto remove core

On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 12:12 -0700, Nader Mirzaee wrote:

> i have installed FC5 , after yum update i reboot my machine and there
> is this
> triple boot message :
>
> Fedora 2.6.16-1.2096-FC5

Above is your newer kernel...

> Fedora 2.6.15-1.2054-FC5

Above is your older kernel..

> Windows XP

This is of course your Windows hehe.

> it seems that i have 2 cores in my machine , how can i remove the old
> one ? and i don't want to see it in the boot message as well !

What happened, is you did an upgrade and the kernel got upgraded.  The
upgrade program (yum) is set to install the newer kernel package, and
keep the latest/running kernel in case you have a kernel failure or
something and have the older one to use.  This is generally good
practice and would recommend you to keep.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Sex is like air, it's not important unless you aren't getting any!"