installing Fedora on a Mercury PVCLE266 motherboard with a Via C3 Samual 2 Processor Pro 2000

On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 21:02 -0700, SALMAN AHMED wrote:

> I have the following Mother Board with the following buit-in CPU on
> the mother board. Can any one tell me what Fedora Core I can install
> on it. Although I tried Fedora core 2 but it did not installed. The
> specifications are below.
>
>       About Mother Board
>       Mercury PVCLE266 Via Socket 370 Flex-ATX
>
>      Chipset: Via 8237 southbridge chipset and
>                    Via CLE266 Northbridge Chipset
>     Processor: Via C3 Samual 2 Processor Pro 2000

I can't help you with your specific problem, other than to suggest
trying either FC4 or FC5 (simply because they're newer), but for future
reference I strongly suggest you post with a subject line something
*like* to what I changed it to (you may get a response, now, with what I
modified it to).  You're more likely to get a response.  I saw your
"please reply" subject line, and almost deleted it because it looked
like spam.  Others will probably have done the same.

Fedora Core 2 is ancient, in computing terms.  I found it dire when I
tried it, and support for it is over and one with long ago.  FC5 is the
current release, but I find it a bit too new and not working well enough
yet.  FC4 is getting closer to its end of life, but has been around for
long enough that people know quite a bit about it, and it's still
supported.  I'd try one of them.

--
(Currently running FC4, in case that's important to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.