Re: Emails Bouncing - Please Help!!

Erik Hemdal wrote:
> If you have a POP3 account, which is what Bellsouth used back when I was
> down south, you can fill up a mailbox pretty readily, especially on this
> list.  To prevent this, you can usually suspend delivery for a while if you
> know you'll be away for a while; you might have to unsubscribe and
> re-subscribe depending on the list.  Different mail list managers do things
> in their own ways.
<snip>
> Many folks here use Gmail accounts for lists because it offers so much
> storage space.

Note that it's not necessary to *post* or *read* using Gmail, only
receive e-mails that way.

For example, I have a gmail.com address which is subscribed to this list
and a few others. I use fetchmail to download all e-mail from gmail, and
read it in mutt (or mutt-ng).

I also have a "normal" ISP account which I use for sending e-mail to
this list. This is subscribed to the list, but has all delivery turned
off (you can do this as well as unsubscribe at the link at the bottom of
each list e-mail). That's necessary to convince Mailman (the mailing
list software) to send my e-mails to the list.

James.

(Incidentally, that e-mail address gets a few CCs of list mail, and the
occasional individual asking me directly for help -- and a *lot* of
spam! Private requests for help get a "please ask the list" response.
The spam gets handled by SpamBayes.)

--
E-mail address: james |    John's Inverse Law of Physics:
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | You do Physics -- you get inverted.