Re: Emails Bouncing - Please Help!!

> On Mon April 24 2006 15:59, Steven Pasternak wrote:
> > I WAS gone for a week in Florida over spring break, could that
> > be the reason?
> > -Steven
>
> Did your mailbox at your ISP fill up? If you don't download
> regularly, you can fill up a mailbox which will cause subsequent
> mail to be bounced back to sender, which could invoke
> subscription suspension on mail-lists.
> --
> Claude Jones
> Bluemont, VA, USA

If you have a POP3 account, which is what Bellsouth used back when I was
down south, you can fill up a mailbox pretty readily, especially on this
list.  To prevent this, you can usually suspend delivery for a while if you
re-subscribe depending on the list.  Different mail list managers do things
in their own ways.

Sometimes receiving lists in digest format improves the situation, but the
Fedora list is pretty much always at a torrent, so it won't help much.  I
see hundreds of messages a day on this list, so if a mailbox filled up
things can get ugly very quickly.

Many folks here use Gmail accounts for lists because it offers so much
storage space.

Hope this helps, and that you get back on the lists you want.
Erik