Re: partition management in linux - lvm

Funny example of using PQ PartitionMagic.
I've got one NTFS partition for compartibility and one extended
partition with couple of ext3 partitions (Fedora Core 5) and two
ReiserFS from previous system (SuSE). I want to delete the last two
partitions and distribute that space between ext3 partitions.
The funny thing about Partition Magic 8.01 is that when I tried to
resize ext3 (whitch AFAIK is supported) its said to me that fs type is
not supported. Ok, so I have reverted changes and thought that if
changes aren't made then nothing is to be done... I was really
surprised when at the next boot GRUB told me not to boot Fedora, but
showed me its own console. It took me a while to understand what
happend. Somehow numbers that reflect my partitions have changed
(PartitionMagic rules I guess :) ), e.g. was (hd0,7) became (hd0,6).
Since then I'm looking for opensource alternative to PartitionMagic too.