Re: partition management in linux - lvm

On Monday 17 April 2006 05:05, oleksandr korneta wrote:
> > By default, FC5 seems to choose to make LVM partitions, which would make
> > it fairly easy. I don't know about converting existing partition/data
> > into LVM though ?
>
> yep. This is the whole point.

Your problem stems from the requirement to delete the first partition, then
resize backwards.  As far as I know there is no way to do that safely.
Resizing upwards is relatively easy, but doesn't address your need.

Could you not reformat the vfat partition as ext3 instead, and use it as an
additional data store?

Anne