FC4 - Tcl installation (tclsh) fails to find Tk package

Hi,

I just built a new FC4 machine and having difficulty finding the proper
solution to getting my Tcl to find the system Tk package as well.  At the
moment I am attempting to install a cpan Perl Module called Tcl::Tk .  Here is
what I am seeing and experiencing.

But since I am logged in on an shell and not via X-Windows I am not quite sure
what to set my $DISPLAY to.  I set it to :0.0 but there are still issues (see
below).  What do I need to do now?

---- snip ----

Removing previously used /root/.cpan/build/Tcl-Tk-0.88

  CPAN.pm: Going to build V/VK/VKON/Tcl-Tk-0.88.tar.gz

no display name and no $DISPLAY environment variable
    while executing
"load /usr/lib/tk8.4/../libtk8.4.so Tk"
    ("package ifneeded" script)
    invoked from within
"package require Tk"
    (file "test-for-tk.tcl" line 1)

Your Tcl installation (tclsh) fails to find Tk package.
One of possible reasons is missing file 'pkgIndex.tcl' in ..../tk8.4/
directory; Please check if you can feed 'package require Tk' to tclsh
Running make test
  Make had some problems, maybe interrupted? Won't test
Running make install
  Make had some problems, maybe interrupted? Won't install

# tclsh
% package require Tk
no display name and no $DISPLAY environment variable
# export DISPLAY=:0.0
# echo $DISPLAY
:0.0
# tclsh
%   package require Tk 8.4

SLBXlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
Xlib: No protocol specified

this isn't a Tk applicationcouldn't connect to display ":0.0"
%package require Tk
Xlib: No protocol specified

this isn't a Tk applicationcouldn't connect to display ":0.0"
% exit

--- snip ----