Re: I can't run SWAT. Asking for help.

Ivan Evstegneev wrote:

Now I realized my mistake, I just tried all
this time to modify "xinetd.conf" instead of "swat" binary file (I'm
right?, Is it binary or it is a conf file of "swat"? in such case why it
comes without "*.conf"? Does it necessary? It is marked as "plain text
document") in "/etc/xinetd.d" folder!!!!

The files in /etc/xinetd.d are configuration files. Their name isn't important, so they don't need to end with ".conf". They are loaded as if they were a part of the xinetd.conf file.

Let me ask me ask you more question: what is about the file I have
in /usr/sbin/swat folder? Is this the binary file? At least it marked as
"executable" on it.

Yes, that's the binary, executable file. Look at the contents of /etc/xinetd.d/swat in a text editor, it'll look almost the same as the section that you'd previously added to xinetd.conf.

One more thing: "chkconfig swat on" enables loading this process at the
start up? If no, how do I enable it?

Yes, it does. "chkconfig" can be used to manage all of the boot-time services, including services that run out of xinetd.