RE: trouble installin FC5

> Ok , I have two sata 160 go hard disk connected to the motherboard to
> sata1 and sata2 port ( don't know if that's really important to know )
>
> I've installed windows XP sp2 on the first hard disk , 40 go ntfs
> partitionned almost equally on the first sata HD, on the second one ,
> I've created ntfs partitions and ext3 /boot , / , / home and swap
> partitions ( I intend to install FC5 on the second hard disk )
> booting FC5 graphic install, after setting the language install setup
> and keyboard language,
> I get this message :
>
> "The partition table on device mapper /isw_hgbhgbbcd_volume0 was
> unreadable to create new partitions, it must be initialized causing
> the Loss of ALL DATA on this drive
> This operation will override any previous installation choices about
> which drives to ignore
> would you like to initialize this drive erasing ALL DATA "
>
> pushing  the "NO button " reboot the machine
> the "Yes button" erases all the partitions in the  first hard disk !
>
> note that I had fc4 installed and running all right on my pc
> seems fc5 doesn't like the way windoze xp sp2  does the partitionning

Fedora core 5 tries to read the labels that software SATA RAID uses
to provide RAID functionality. If you are using a generic XP driver XP may
see it as two drives. FC4 would also have seen it as two drives. If the
BOIS is set to RAID then FC5 will map the two to one device useing the
mapper

Check the BIOS to see if the disks are designated as a RAID array

Robert