Re: trouble installin FC5

> Fedora core 5 tries to read the labels that software SATA RAID uses
> to provide RAID functionality. If you are using a generic XP driver XP may
> see it as two drives. FC4 would also have seen it as two drives. If the
> BOIS is set to RAID then FC5 will map the two to one device useing the
> mapper
>
> Check the BIOS to see if the disks are designated as a RAID array
>
> Robert

thanks for replying
I don't intend to use RAID functionnality right now, as i 'm not still
familiar with this specially when dual booting windows and FC
here is what i have  in bios,
SATA is configured as "Standard IDE"
Onboard IDE Operate Mode  is on "Enhanced Mode"
Enhanced Mode support on "S-ATA"

I've  installed the scsi and sata driver to work with windoze at install
hicham.