Re: dual booting XP and Linux

Craig White wrote:
On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 19:38 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:

[snip]

So <insert your own favorite expletive here> off.

----
charming...

Thank you. I thought that was nicely restrained. Since I'm sure he's
a very nice guy, I'm sure the word(s) which got inserted there
were also very nice. After all, he only used the word "nonsense"
when referring to my knowlege of a situation of which he had no
knowledge.

I would suspect that if the WinXP system goes into recovery mode if MBR
is overwritten, there is another problem that is afoot and overwriting
the MBR is merely a symptom of the issue but not really the issue
itself. If I recall correctly, FC-2 or thereabouts had an issue

Yes, I am aware of that, and also encountered and repaired that issue.
But that was not the cause. This is an HP/Compaq, and the
"auto-recovery" is a feature of this machine which goes beyond the
normal WinXP recovery business.

[snip]

In regards to the other thing, yes.

Mike