Re: SElinux

On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 08:04:10 -0700, Craig White wrote:

> More to the issue however, Linux is both a production and a
> participatory system where it is expected that a 'user' minimally
> participate in providing feedback so the product is improved and your
> suggestions above suggest that your decision to turn it off is formed by
> an arrogance that has others participating while you opt out.

I had SELinux enabled through FC2, FC3 and FC4 (and reported problems). I
suffered through all the cryptic messages and fighting with esoteric
tools. When I upgraded to FC5 and got another bucket load of failures
because of SELinux... I finally cracked and disabled the blasted thing.
It's staying disabled unless something remarkable happens.

Suffering repeated mysterious failures over 2 years, then finally breaking
and taking steps to prevent them... yes... I can see how that might
disqualify me as a true Linux user and make me selfish. I shall hand back
my membership card forthwith.